Most nationalities are required to carry a passport with the validity exceeding 6 months after the date of entry to enter Vietnam.
Day trippers from the bordering countries of Cambodia and China bearing identity cards may enter Vietnam for specified purposes such as agriculture or business.
Vietnam recognizes, and accepts, seaman's documentation for entry as ship crew.
Foreigners are usually required a valid visa to enter Vietnam; citizens of member countries of the ASEAN that have agreements with Vietnam are not required a visa for entry for a period not exceeding 30 days.
Vietnam visa conditions generally mirror those imposed upon the Vietnamese Nationals by the travelers' home country (tit-for-tat).
Visas are required for all except:
(a) Nationals of Bulgaria, Cuba, Japan, Korea and Romania;
(b) Nationals of Singapore, Laos, Malaysia and Thailand for 30 days;
(c) Nationals of the Philippines for 21 days;
(d) Transit passengers continuing their journey within 72 hours if proved holding valid return or onward tickets.
Notes when arriving in Vietnam
- All visitors have to complete an entry card and customs form which will be given during the flight for customs and immigration processing. Once processed, you will be handed back one copy of this form. Do not loose this as you will need it again for exit formalities.
- For those passing over a land border, these forms can be obtained at the border check point.
Visa on arrival
- Visa on arrival in Vietnam is not automatically issued without prior arrangements. And without a valid approval to pick up visa on arrival, the visitor/traveler who is national of a country which is not exempt from visa by Vietnam, is not allowed to board the flight bound for Vietnam.
- Private Tour Vietnam can arrange visas for the traveler whose Vietnam travel services are arranged by our company. Please be kindly informed that Private Tour Vietnam is registered as a Vietnam tour operator and a Vietnam travel agent and hence not allowed by law to guarantee any travels if we are not the travel organizer from the arrival into Vietnam till the departure from the country.
The procedure to apply for the letter of approval to pick up visa on arrival is as follows:
- The passport details, arrival and departure dates are faxed/emailed to Private Tour Vietnam no later than 14 working days before the visitors' arrival into Vietnam.
- Private Tour Vietnam submits the above-mentioned details to the Immigration Department.
- The Immigration Department informs Private Tour Vietnam of the visa approval.
- Private Tour Vietnam sends via fax or email a copy of the approval letter to the visitor/traveler.
- With the copy of the approval letter (via fax or email), the visitor/traveler can board the flight bound for Vietnam and obtain the visa on arrival.
- Private Tour Vietnam does not charge any fee to arrange the letter of approval to pick up visa on arrival.
- The visitor/traveler is to pay the stamping fee which is currently USD 25/person (for a single-entry visa) directly to the Immigration Department when having the visa issued on arrival. The fee is to be paid in cash, in USD or VND only.
- The traveler/visitor can request Private Tour Vietnam so that the visa is to be picked up at one of Vietnam's embassies or consulates, in which case, the traveler/visitor is to pay an extra fee for the telex/fax charge and the stamping fee shall be imposed by each embassy/consulate.
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com